GNOME UI Summary [* - Nov 11, 1999]

This is the GNOME Summary for  October 26 - November 9.

  Table of Contents

 1)  Wishlist Updated
 2)  Redesigns Updated

 1)  Wishlist Updated

I have updated the wishlist to mark already completed features
as grey, as well as added sections for the Tasklist and Desk-
Guide applets. Finally, I have marked gnome-pager as dead on
it's page.

http://www.jcinteractive.com/gnome-ui/software/

Remember, if you have a complaint about any part of any
interface in any application, don't hesitate to mail it to the
GNOME GUI Mailing List.

Instructions for signing up for this mailing list are at
http://www.gnome.org/mailing-lists/index.shtml

 2)  Redesigns Updated

The redesign of the GNOME Control Center has been updated to
re-order the capplets, and work out a new way to load a
Window Manager's configurator capplet. Check it out at
http://www.jcinteractive.com/gnome-ui/hitsquad/control-center.html

The redesign of the GNOME File Manager has also been updated,
with the two-pane view having gone away and many more
features, like shell macros, bookmarks, etc. having been
added. This redesign is at
http://www.jcinteractive.com/gnome-ui/hitsquad/gfm.html

Obviously, there is a long way to go, so send in those
feature requests, patches, and ideas.

The next report should appear in 2 weeks.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill