GNOME Libs 1.0.15 is out.
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- To: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: GNOME Libs 1.0.15 is out.
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:15:44 -0500
Hello Gnome Library users!
* Note of warning
We have tracked down the problem people had with upgrades of
gnome-libs breaking their panel: People are compiling the
gnome-libs rpm by using rpm -ta gnome-libs-1.0.xx.tar.gz.
The spec file in the tarball has changed the location for the
sysconfdir, which means that it will break by default for people
who had compiled gnome-libs in the past.
We suggest that you extract the spec file and do the required
editing to the configure command line execution to suit the setup
you have on your system.
Basically, old versions just used ./configure --prefix=/usr,
new versions use --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
Now, the good news is that we now support a GNOME_PATH variable,
that can list all the possible prefixes where you installed GNOME
and a GNORBA_XXXX that will enable you point exactly to the
* Where to get it
* New in this release
** Build process
* Spec file updated (Karl)
* gnome-hello dropped from distribution, use GnomeHello as an
example instead (Havoc)
* GnomeSegv activated (Elliot, Havoc), this will provide a
dialog box telling people that the application just crashed
and point them to the gnome web site.
* Gnome Dentry Editor i18n fixes (George)
* Exports constructor routines for most widgets (me)
* Memory leak fixes in the Canvas/AA (Federico)
* --disable-crash-dialog option (Havoc)
* Large const-ization of incoming parameters work from Hebert.
* Lots of bug fixes from Elliot and Havoc as part of the
* --version handling is now taken care here.
* Gnome-metadata is thread safe now (Tom Tromey)
* Gnome-Dentry fixed for i18n (George)
* Fixed bg 1968 (George)
* Gnome-Mime key duplication fixed (Bertrand)
* Support GNOME_PATH variable. It enables you to install
different GNOME packages in different locations in the
system and still get gnome-config to recognize your
libraries properly (me).
eg, I use: GNOME_PATH=/opt/gnome:/home/miguel/gnome-play
* gnome-config now wraps the list of libraries, in an attempt
to fit in your screen (me, Raja).
* LIbArt started to be documented (Raph)
* gnome.1 man page updated, gnome-config.1 man page updated (me)
* gnome-mime.5 man page included (me)
* Gnome-dev-info files moved to their own directory (Karl)
* Added Gnome-MDI signal docs (George)
* GnomePixmap, GnomeScores, GnomeDock, GnomeProcBar:
Documented by George.
* Touchups to GnomeDialog, GnomeClient, GnomeApp from George.
* Now GOAD uses the GNOME_PATH variable as a list of
directories that are the root of GNOME installations and the
GNOME_GNORBA_PATH for locating precisely CORBA servers (me).
* Cookie support fixed (Elliot).
][Date Next] [Thread Prev