Re: Guidance on using ATK

Hi Lawrence.

Please read https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2021-April/msg00041.html for my thoughts on how to solve the "make Orca speak whatever I want" problem properly (new notification API in ATK/AT-SPI2), and also a possible workaround (role notification + state showing).

That said, if you have an on-screen table -- and the user knows that table is there -- Orca has "flat review" keystrokes to examine objects spatially: https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/commands_flat_review.html

And that said: is keyboard navigation for this table such a bad thing? :) How will it hurt the sighted user's experience? If it would hurt the sighted user's experience, could full keyboard navigation be an optional setting?

--joanie