Re: Accessibility yellow-black

On 15/9/19 21:11, Felix Lehmann via gnome-accessibility-list wrote:
Hi there,

I really like the accessibility options a lot.
Unfortunately the "high contrast" mode only has the automatic color black and white (or vice versa).

Yes. Some history: at some point the people involved with accessibility decided that it would be better to not add too many special modes, and adding to the zoom the ability to do color effects. If you go to the zoom configuration tab, in addition to the ability to add crosshairs, you can see that there are some color effects tabs, and that there is also some built-in hight contrast mode on the zoom.

So ...

My question:
Could it be possible to implement other color combinations in the future?

... yes, in theory it would be possible to implement more color combinations extending the color effects that the magnifier already have. Unfourtunately, there isn't anyone working on the zoom actively. It would be needed to someone steps forward and volunteer to keep adding features.

Visually impaired people can cope with very individual colors. My mother, for example, uses bold yellow lettering on a black background.

The default "high contrast" mode (black-white) unfortunately dazzles her a bit too much.

Have I perhaps overlooked something and the setting for the color selection is already there?

I am looking forward to your answers/ideas.

Best regards

Felix L.