Re: Magnification with keyboard shortcuts

On 15/9/19 21:22, Felix Lehmann via gnome-accessibility-list wrote:

Hi,

Magnification with keyboard shortcuts

At the moment, the magnification of a part of the screen can be adjusted with a factor.
Is it possible to increase or decrease the magnification quickly and easily using keyboard shortcuts? My mother usually uses the factor 2.0, but sometimes she increases it for a short time to enlarge a badly readable menu or something similar. After that, she resets the screen magnification factor to 2.0 using keyboard shortcuts.

Yes, there are shortcuts for that. Right now the zoom (also called magnifier) has the following shortcuts available:

Enable/disable: Alt Super 8

Zoom in: Alt Super =

Zoom out: Alt Super -

In any case, that are the default shortcuts. For some people find the need to press three keys (or use = instead of + for zooming out) somewhat complex. You can configure it on gnome settings control:

Settings->Devices->Keyboard

On the list at the right you can find all the available shortcuts. If you go down a little you would find all the Zoom shortcuts, and the possibility to edit them.

I hope that helps.

(Information: Currently my mother is using proprietary software, but she would like to switch to GNOME completely).

Best regards

F. Lehmann