Re: Accessibility yellow-black

Hi,

On 23/9/19 11:42, apinheiro wrote:

On 21/9/19 15:55, Felix Lehmann wrote:
Hi apinheiro,

thanks for your answers.

You wrote: "If you go to the zoom configuration tab, in addition to the ability to add crosshairs, you can see that there are some color effects tabs, and that there is also some built-in hight contrast mode on the zoom."

I tried that, but i was only able to change the color of the crosshair, not the color of the "high contrast mode".

Sorry, I didn't explained myself properly: Right now there are three tabs to configure the zoom: "Magnifier", "Crosshair" and "Color effects". "Color effects" allows to change the brightness, contrast the amount of color, and has a "White on Black" button. FWIW, that one is in fact a "invert brightness" button, that is an alternative way to get something similar to a high contrast mode. So, what I wanted to say, is that at some point we had the plan to add there more functionality, like the one you need to specify a specific color, instead of just allowing to change the intensity.

Having said so, just in case, I checked again, and in fact, some of that functionality is already implemented, but unfourtunately there is not UI to configure it. So if you don't mind to use the terminal, here it is explained which gsettings can be modified to change the colors:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Magnification#Implemented_Features

Just in case, I have attached a script that sets the brightness and contrast colors to yellow. You just need to open a terminal and write:

$ sh color-settings.sh

Note that script will not enable the magnifier, you still need to enable it. You can play a little with the values there, and the "White on Black" button and see if you get that you need.

Sincerely, as Im saying, there is more implemented that I remember. If you get the proper colors using that script, and think that the outcome is useful, I think that we could try to open a issue on the settings UI, to see if there is a way to get an UI to configure it.  So if you get this configured in a way that it is useful to you, I would appreciate if you mention that.

just a gentle ping, because as I mentioned on my last email, I'm interested to know if this instructions helped you.

Were you able to configure the zoom for your needs based on the script? If not, do you need some extra hints about how to use it?

Is there any other way to change the colors of high contrast mode?

Best regards,
Felix L.