Re: [g-a-devel] Could we release new Accerciser version ?

Thanks Alex,

I just noticed this email.
Samuel, yes, as co-maintainer you should be responsible for creating the releases.
There is the Maintainers Corner [1], where you can find all the information you need to know in order to maintain a module.

In terms of producing a release, bear in mind that you need to produce a build against the current GNOME modulesets. I don't know how it works these days, in my case I used to have an up-to-date GNOME jhbuild environment to test accerciser and produce releases.

As I said in my previous email, feel free to bug me with questions that are specific to accerciser, I'd be happy to help you on this as much as I can.

Cheers,
Javi

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM apinheiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
On 19/3/19 10:04, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the gnome 3.32 release, I guess we should make a 3.32 release of
> accerciser? (so that distributions ship it instead of the 3.22 version
> which doesn't work any more).
>
> Should I have a look at how to do it, or somebody will handle it?

Well, you are a co-maintainer now. The reason of all this thread was to
find and assign a new (co-)maintainer, because Javier didn't have time
lately to do such releases, and several changes on master were not
included on any of them. So we needed someone to volunteer to get the
releases rolling. You volunteered, so now you are the co-maintainer, and
among all the responsibilities a co-maintainer get, you have two: decide
when it makes sense to do a release, do such releases if needed.

Having said so ...

> (I could check that the current git master does work fine here)

First: take into account that I'm not sure if at this point you can add
more functionality to a 3.31.X/3.32.X Accerciser release, due the
freezes. Im more familiar with freezes with libraries. Take a look to
the schedule [1], and check if the freezes allows that.

Second: there is another reason to do a 3.32 release. Current last
Accerciser release is 3.31.4. That numbering points to a unstable
release. There are some distros that doesn't include the latest release
of a program/library, but the latest stable release. And that is 3.22,
and as you know (that again, was one of the reasons of the thread), that
is old and doesn't include last changes.

BR

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirtyone