Re: [g-a-devel] Could we release new Accerciser version ? Last one was on 2016-09-20

On 14/1/19 9:59, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 12/01/2019 à 11:01, apinheiro a écrit :
Hi,

I have just rolled a new Accerciser release. It is basically all
included on master since the last release. You can see the details on
the announcement I have just send.

Thank you very much Alejandro for this.

You are welcome.

Ideally we would need the agreement of current maintainer. But as far as
I understand your previous email, you didn't get any answer from Javier.
Could you confirm that? If we don't get any answer from Javier, the
alternative is asking permission at desktop-devel-list gnome org (or
perhaps at the foundation list).

I've contacted Javier to make the Samuel patches about the iPython5
support available, he has made the review.

I really respect the Javier work on Accerciser and his involvement on
accessibility.
I've contacted him privately the 2018-10-17 about Accerciser release
without any answer from him.
I personally consider we shouldn't wait more because I shouldn't have
to request a new release to a maintainer after years. I assume he no
longer has the time to work on Accerciser.

Ok, then let's reduce my proposed two-weeks to one week. For two
reasons. First, I always tend to be conservative on this things, and
after all this time, and with a fresh release, waiting just one more
week shouldn't be a big deal. Second, because I bet that on
desktop-devel they will ask how much we waited from our last ping.

@Alejandro: Does Samuel need to have a sponsor to become a maintainer ?

Well, not sure. This kind of maintainer reassignement without the
previous maintainer available are not usual, so I don't think that there
are a fixed list of requirements. I would personally propose Samuel as
maintainer, and list all the reasons of why that is a good idea. I hope
that's to be enough.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.