Re: More info on ATK interfaces

On 09/26/2017 12:50 PM, Eric Williams wrote:
Hello,

I am doing some research on implementing and understanding ATK
interfaces, but I am still unclear on a few parts.

I found this page:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Accessibility/Walkthrough/

It states: "The Orca screen reader can explicitly request for
information for a given widget of a given application, for instance
getText".

How does Orca decide to query for this information? Which widgets get
queried? Is there a way to specify which widgets get queried (example: I
have a child widget, but I want Orca to query its parent)?

There's no way to force Orca to do that from your end. Tell me why I
should change Orca to do what you want? I might be persuaded, or you
might be doing something less than ideal. Without more information, I
don't know which it is.

--joanie