Multiply disabled -- universal access -- speech impairment -- kmouth

Dear mailing list, especially Jeremy and Gary,

I told the SLP, that I will see on October 19, that I would try to get espeak and kmouth under a Linux
platform.  She is very eager to see them running.

I realized (before the promise) that I have access to a Cygwin window and could download the sources.

I am close to getting espeak running and will soon start on kmouth.

I think I may need to compile from source, OR will some one of the pre compiled downloads work?

Depending on the outcome of the meeting with the SLP, my husband and I may be buying a GNU/Linux laptop and
installing GNOME 3 if it is not already there.  I need several of the accessibility features plus kmouth.

Does anyone know of a distribution which makes the above paragraph possible?  Convenient?

I have a technical background, but in engineering, not computer science.  I do not know C, for example.

Rose

Sent from my iPad