Re: AT-SPI standard's management of text objects

Ksamak, on Wed 16 Nov 2016 09:32:20 +0100, wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 07:49:00PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
I know these behaviours are probably correct according to AT-SPI
standard,

What makes you think that?
Well, i think there might be a reason for such a behaviour. I can
imagine the orca screen reader wanting to ignore an empty line for
example.

I believe it uses other ways to detect that.

but is it voluntary?
I don't think it is. Probably just nobody ever had the need for these to
be fixed.

Is it possible to change any of that in the future, without impairing
the other applications relying on at-spi?

My guess would be yes. I don't see how useful it'd be to get 0,0
coordinates while the caret is obviously not at 0,0.
Well, I was thinking the design was not thought through for visual
applications. There is indeed no thickness to report for a caret that is
on a newline.

Well, the caret does have some thickness, at least 1 pixel.

Samuel