Re: Documentation

Hi,

Gecko is the web engine used by Mozilla on some of their projects. In the same way that Chromium, Safari and Epiphany uses WebKit as their web engine, projects like Firefox and Thunderbird uses Gecko.

In the same case that WebKit, Gecko has an built-in accessibility support, with an additional layer for each specific platform they want to support. On Linux that layer is based on ATK. You can see it as a wrapper over their built-in accessibility support using ATK.

More info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko_(software)

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Accessibility/Accessibility_architecture