Re: Documentation

Hi all.

On 07/18/2016 03:30 AM, Alejandro Piñeiro wrote:

On 17/07/16 12:35, Javier Hernandez wrote:

ATK is for GTK, built-into GTK itself

No. There is an ATK implementation built-into GTK itself, but ATK is
generic and tries to be as abstracted as possible. We made a list of
projects implementing ATK on the wikipedia page, but fwiw, here a list
of projects that has an implementation of ATK:
  * Clutter.
  * Gnome-shell (it uses clutter built-in ATK implementation as a base)
  * LibreOffice
  * Unity3D (although not sure if it is still working)
  * WebKitGTK (although it uses "GTK" thing, it only uses GTK
accessibility support for the main container, most of the accessibility
support is a custom implementation of ATK)
  * Mozilla (ditto)

Don't forget WebKitEFL.

Briefly, I guess what Joanie said is that WxWidgets needs to "export"
the accessibility information of the widgets to AT-SPI in a way that
Orca can "understand" them properly.

Joanie actually said "implementing ATK support":
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2016-July/msg00112.html

If we can add wxWidgets to the list of ATK implementations above, it
would be awesome.

--joanie