A11y at GUADEC 2015

Hi, my name is Oliver Propst, I'm one of the local organizers of
GUADEC 2015 [1] that is taking place in Gothenburg, Sweden [2]. Let me
first state that I think the work the A11y team are doing is really
important and something I applicate. Have been following the progress
of A11y in GNOME 3 and must say that everyone should be proud of the
work in this area.

In fact the reason I write this mail is because I want to see a lager
effort around A11y at GUADEC 2015.

I do of course hope that members of the A11y community will submit
talks to the conference now that the CFP is open [3] but also organize
some workshops and BOF's around A11y.

Actually think several stakeholder in Sweden would be very interested
to listen and learn more about free (as in freedom) accessibility
software, what it means in terms of independence for people with
special accessibility needs and GNOME's capabilities in this area.

Its worth to point that in Sweden, accessibility (including
accessibility tech/software) is something that is taken maybe more
seriously than in many other countries and some organizations are a
spending significant amounts money in this area.

If I see a interest about making a larger more coordinated effort
around A11y you guys I plan to invite and market the conference
specially towards some stakeholders in this area. With some planning
and effort from the GNOME A11y community I think this could turn out
great.

Let's keep in touch, don't hesitate to reach to me or other members of
the local GUADEC 2015 team if you want to elaborate on plans, I could
for example see that we could have a meeting about this in the near
future.
Keep up the good work.

1 https://www.guadec.org/
2 https://www.gnome.org/news/2015/02/guadec-2015-to-happen-from-august-7-9-in-gothenburg-sweden/