Re: Gnome 3.14 hits Arch linux repos, also on Manjaro unstable repos.

Hello,
I have just updated my arch linux to gnome 3.14.
I see it's slightly better in performance than earlier versions. It can for example be immediatelly seen when using nautilus to browse large directory trees e.g. my directory containing 365 subdirectories where each subdirectory is containing from 3 to 180 files.

Unfortunatelly there are some things which I am worried of:
- Buttons on the GDM login screen are missing accessible descriptions. This is an old issue reported after gnome 3.12 has been released. - New improved gnome-contacts are extremelly innefficient to navigate with keyboard and I am afraid in terms of accessibility verry little has improved. - List in the gnome-documents is missing many important info in the accessible name. Popup menus can't be activated via keyboard. It is similar in layout to gnome contacts and is less usefull. - Google docs should be now supported through online accounts however I haven't found a way on how to share a file through google docs. - I haven't looked into gnome music, gnome maps, gitg, polari and maybe some other new and rewamped apps however I am afraid accessibility guidelines are not being taken into account while developing these new modern gnome 3 apps.

We visually disabled people would love to also benefit from these the same way sighted people do. In gnome 3.12 a lot of new GTK widgets were invented with accessibility support and I feel gnome 3.14 is not continuing in this trend.

A lot of these modern apps are coded using vala. Is there a chance we might try to promote gnome accessibility support inside vala community?

Greetings

Peter