Re: inaccessible treeviews and tables

On 07/10/2014 08:25 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,
Definatelly calling set_accessible_type is working well over here. I
have tried to append a randomly generated number to the string I am
getting and I got different results for different entries in the
get_name method on my custom GTKRendererCellAccessible subclass.
Also I have tried to examine if the results are all right while
drawing on the renderer and they definatelly are.
Do I have to have implement something more on the
GTKRendererCellAccessible subclass to make it work? Currently I do
only have get_name in there. I assume GTKRendererCellAccessible has a
property named renderer and that is the reference to coresponding
GTKCellRenderer object.
I am trying to compare my implementation to that found in the
gtktextcellaccessible.c however I am really confused as none of the
GTK_Text_Cell_Accessible... methods are accessing renderer property so
how do they access the renderer data?

After taking a look to the code of gtktextcellaccessible and
gtkcellaccessible. GtkCellAccessible defines a method called
update_cache. The treeview will call this method each time it concludes
that the info would change. Each cell accessible subclass are supposed
to redefine this method, in order to update the info of the accessible.
Then all the accessible methods (get_name, etc) would use the
information gathered at update_cache.

So, about the lack of methods accessing to the renderer property. If you
take a look to the update_cache method at gtk_text_cell_accessible, this
method gets the cell, ask for the renderer, and then it asks for the
text property. With that it updates a private property. As this is the
point where it is getting the data, it also send the usual accessible
notifications (like changes on accessible name). Then, get_name on this
accessible, uses the information stored (cached) on the private structure.

Taking into account that all the cell renderers redefines this method,
you would need to redefine it as well.

Best regards

Greetings

Peter