Re: inaccessible treeviews and tables

Hi,

I will try to answer your question as best as I can.

As you say, sometimes a 3rd party gtk app developer creates a custom
cell renderer in order to add some new visual stuff. The accessibility
related are not skipped. The already in place cell renderer
accessibility is used. But if the new cell renderer uses something
totally different to render text, then the gtk+ cell render accessible
object would not be valid. In that case you would need to provide a
custom accessibility object for that custom cell renderer. For the rest
of this email, I will call them CustomCellRenderer and
CustomCellRendererAccessible

gtk_cell_renderer_class_set_accessible_type, is just the method that
relates a cell renderer with his accessible method. Is just a utility
method to avoid the need to redefine the method get_accessible for any
custom object. So for this case, once you have a
CustomCellRendererAccessible, you would need to call
gtk_cell_renderer_class_set_accessible_type on your CustomCellRenderer.

About caring on CellRenderer: as I said, there is already an
accessibility support of CellRenderer. So probably you just need to
focus on that CustomCellRenderer, where the information about name and
state are stored there (that would be the difference with a "vanilla"
CellRenderer), and then try to expose it via a CustomCellRenderAccessible.

About that transmission-gtk: after a quick look on Venom. I don't see
any custom cell renderer being created. As far as I see, they are using
GtkCellRendererText, that should be already supported. Are you sure that
in that case you are under a custom cell renderer problem?

Best regards

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.12/GtkCellRendererText.html