Re: Issues with message list in Thunderbird after updating to gnome 3.10

There are some very compelling reasons to switch to an earlier
thunderbird, not the least of which is the mangled and/or partial live
region reporting that can't be turned off without opening a message, and
when on, is reported no matter what application has focus. I can't
confirm that any of this is GNOME-related, but Thunderbird 24.0
definitely has issues. Fortunately I have been able to correct the most
glaring problem by opening up a message as soon as I open Thunderbird
and then hitting the pipe key (|) to turn all live regions off.
Thankfully this doesn't interfere with any live regions on a website
when using Firefox at the same time.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
~Kyle