Re: What framework to use to develop desktop application with accessibility on linux?

Hi.
One advantage of swt is that you do not need the java accessbridge, even in windows.
I don't know how good is swt in mac, but I know that eclipse runs under mac.

On 01/23/2013 07:29 PM, Taksan wrote:
Guys, thanks everybody for their tips and recommendations. I was finally
able to make my software using SWT and it is pretty accessible on Ubuntu
Gnome with ORCA.

Right now my plan is to use SWT for linux, and Swing for the Windows and
Mac version, but depending on how things go maybe I will use SWT for all
platforms. We will see.

According to Oracle JavaFX will be accessible soon, maybe 2014?... that
will be interesting to try by then :)

Regards,
Taksan

*From:* Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com>
*To:* gnome-accessibility-list gnome org;
gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
*Cc:* taksantong yahoo com
*Sent:* Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:48 AM
*Subject:* Re: What framework to use to develop desktop application with
accessibility on linux?

On 01/22/2013 06:51 PM, Taksan wrote:

I tried QT version 5. Accessibility ok in windows, but on linux it
does not work.... it even makes ORCA crash. Which is sad because QT
looks very interesting.

AFAIK, right now QT has a functional accessibility support on Linux.
Anyway, I'm not really experienced on Qt. Probably you should ask to a
different mailing list:
kde-accessibility kde org <mailto:kde-accessibility kde org>

Take into account that QT has been traditionally a KDE project, and you
sent your mail to a GNOME list. So talking about GNOME projects.

My next options are:

Try with GTK+.

GTK+ is right now the toolkit with a better support for ATK, so in
theory, any application written in GTK+ would be supported by Orca,
unless you start to create custom GTK+ widgets.

Try with wxPython.

So, any tips or recommendations?
Ask kde-accessibility list if you have questions about qt accessibility.
Write your application using GTK+ is a good option.

BR.

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias