Orca speech rate and other Gnome settings

Hi,

The speech rate for Orca has values from 0 to 100. Can anyone tell me
whether this is a linear range (i.e. 100 would be twice as fast as 50) and
how these values map to words per minute?

I found that my Ubuntu 12.04 installation stores Orca settings at
~/.local/share/orca/user-settings.config, but I would also like to find
out:
* where the magnifier settings are stored, and
* where the settings for the background colour are stored.

Apparently, the theme information in
~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/shell/windows/%gconf.xml uses the same string for
High Contrast and for High Contrast Inverse, i.e.
<entry name="theme" mtime="1357734678" type="string">
  <stringvalue>Adwaita</stringvalue>
</entry>
That's why I am trying to find out where background colour is stored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Christophe

PS: This is for the Cloud4all project that Javi introduced earlier this
week. I am documenting this info in the GPII/Cloud4all wiki at
<http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Cloud4all_Testing:_Essential_Registry_Terms>.

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter