Re: GNOME accessibility in the Web

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 23:42 +0000, Juanjo Marín wrote:
> * GNOME Desktop Accessibility Guide
> http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/stable/
> This is basically a GNOME 2 user´s manual, so there are many items
> that don´t fit the GNOME 3 desktop, unless you use the fallback mode.

This document no longer exists in git. We don't maintain it
and we don't ship it. But library doesn't drop old copies of
documents, so it sits there, gathering Google juice.

> * GNOME Accessibility Developers Guide
> http://developer.gnome.org/accessibility-devel-guide/stable/
> Though it is a very basic introductory text, it seems outdated because
> it doesn´t reflect the lastest changes in the GNOME accessibility
> stack. This particularly noticiable in several sections of the first
> part, though in the second part some old  applications like gok are
> mentioned.

We do still maintain and ship this document. But as with
pretty much all of our developer documentation, it doesn't
get enough regular attention each release cycle.

Ideally, every release cycle we'd do a full audit of every
single document, create agendas and task lists, and assign
people to those tasks. We don't live in an ideal world.

--
Shaun