Re: Disappointed, but new idea

>________________________________

under
>gconf-editor, where you can change the style of the
menu,
>modern (current) or classic (gdm2 style). So everyone
would
>be happy.
>Tanel

Tanel,

GNOME 3 is using a new configuration system called dconf. For changing any configuration entry you can use the command gsettings or the dconf-editor.

I think already answer your question using the a gsettings command:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'gnome-fallback'

but you can use dconf-editor as well. Distributions usually don't install it by default, so quite possibly you need to install it.

I guess my previous email about the topics wasn't enought or confusing , but the common practice is to reply on the same thread, instead of starting a new one with the same topic.

Cheers,

  -- Juanjo Marin