Re: Gnome menu vol 3

Tanel, if you are using GNOME Shell, then you may want to look at this GNOME Shell extension:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/6/applications-menu/

This page will give you some information about GNOME Shell Extensions:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions

It creates a GNOME 2.x-style Applications menu within GNOME Shell.

I understand that you are frustrated, but please do not refer to GNOME 3 as "infernal damnation". Many developers are putting in a tremendous amount of time to get things to be extremely accessible, and as far as I have found, with the exception of Unity 2D (which will be discontinued in the near future), GNOME 3 is a very accessible desktop. Unfortunately, some things cannot be done overnight, but there are many developers hard at work on this wonderful desktop. I am not a developer, but just a regular end-user, and I have no intentions of putting forth a biased opinion.

Hopefully the previously mentioned extension can help you.

Kind regards.