Re: Gnome menu

meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
> I see from the link that the proposal is to change this to tab, which would
> be much easier to use. It might be a good idea to propose that the
> shortcuts for switching between workspaces also be simple, since that is
> also difficult for users with physical disabilities to use.

Are these key combinations still difficult if sticky keys are enabled to allow
the modifiers to be typed separately?

Within the activities overview, it is possible to assign keys that don't
require modifiers to be held down, but this isn't the case for any operation
that needs to be available within applications, since it is necessary to
assign key combinations that are unlikely to be taken by applications
themselves.

The choice of tab (unmodified) for moving between major components of the
desktop could be problematic, since this is the key customarily used for
navigating among user interface controls within a single application context.