Re: Gnome menu

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 13:11 -0500, meg ford wrote:
> The activities overview really doesn't work well for people with
> physical disabilities. Using the mouse to choose an application can be
> very tiring, and sometimes impossible for such users. Typing the name
> of the application is also really difficult. Looking here [1] I don't
> see a way to navigate the application icons using the keyboard. Maybe
> that has been added and the documentation hasn't been updated?
>

> There is a shell extension that provides a Gnome 2 style applications
> menu [2]. I think this should be easier to use.
>

> Meg Ford

I'm curious if anyone is participating in the GNOME User Experience
hackfest in Orlando September 21-23.  While we're talking accessibility
here, I think such concerns should be addressed as part of the overall
user experience.

I'll be in the building, but not sure I'll have much time to
participate.  (Besides, I'm not a hacker anyway.)  I think if there are
those who are hackers, they should apply for GNOME funding to be sent to
the hackfest.  I'm pretty sure the hackers there will appreciate having
accessibility considerations as part of the hackfest.

Short of that, someone could certainly compile a list of things that the
hackers should look at as part of their hackfest.

Bryen M Yunashko