Re: Marking Files for Transfer

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
> In Nautilus, you can try selecting files that are next to each other using
> shifted arrow keys. If you want to select files that are not next to each
> other, you can hold down the control key while you move through your files
> and mark each file with the space bar, still holding down the control key
> until you are ready to move or copy all the files at once.

I don't like the "hold down the control key throughout" part - why not just
allow the space bar to set/clear the selection on the file/directory which has
focus?

I don't use Nautilus (see below).

> That being said, it sounds like a shell command like mv *<ArtistName>*
> <directory> may be much faster.

It is, which is why I use the shell for file management tasks. If I need to
examine and act upon files and directories individually then dired mode in
Emacs is excellent.