Re: Marking Files for Transfer

In Nautilus, you can try selecting files that are next to each other using shifted arrow keys. If you want to select files that are not next to each other, you can hold down the control key while you move through your files and mark each file with the space bar, still holding down the control key until you are ready to move or copy all the files at once.

That being said, it sounds like a shell command like
mv *<ArtistName>* <directory>
may be much faster.
~Kyle
Sent from my Wishdroid! :)