Re: Ang: Re: Pictogram support (Montreal Summit)

Hi Mats, Peter and all,

And what about support for Ruby Annotation in existing protocols for IM
- will that be found anywhere?
So on the wish list: An IM protocol with full support for Ruby
Annotation - including graphics as part of the text - also in the
annotation. But until then what?
Mats

Agreed.

Cesar

-----Peter Korn <peter korn oracle com> skrev: -----

    Hi Cesar,

    Helping people with language and cognitive disabilities communicate
    with each other and with folks who don't have those disabilities is
    one of the tasks under the AEGIS project
    [http://www.aegis-project.eu]. In particular, AEGIS partners SU-DART
    and FPD in Sweden (staff of whom are cc-ed: Mats, Lars, Bengt, and
    Annika) are doing that work.

    To that end, they are building fonts out of the CCF symbol sets that
    they developed for helping folks in Sweden with language and
    communication impairments. Initially these fonts would be used as
    part of a text editor - displaying symbols alongside the
    English/Swedish/Spanish/... words representing the same concepts (to
    be done as a plug-in to OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice). But the
    intention is that they could be used for direct communication - with
    any communication application that supported multi-byte characters.

    I'll let Mats/Lars/Bengt/Annika describe this in further detail.

    Regards,

    Peter