Working with alternate file compression in Gnom

Hey There,

This question is for those of you who use the gnome interface in
order to play movie and sound files that come in compressed
archives. I am particularly concerned with rar files. I can usually
go into a directory/ folder, place my curser on the desired file,
which is usually a zip archive full of mp3 files, hit enter and
play the files with no problem. However, this doesn't happen with
files with the rar extension. I use movie player, because I know of
no other utility that is nearly so effective as MP. Are there any
utilities in the linux windows environment that I can use in order
to address this problem? Thanks so much in advance.

cheerio,
Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/