RE: Montreal Summit

Hi everyone,

I am going to be attending Montreal Summit this coming weekend, and Brian Cameron asked me to talk with people about accessibility while I am there. The Foundation is sponsoring my attendance, so I am planning to blog about accessibility afterwards. I think it is a good idea to have as much information as possible about how different projects are planning to address A111y issues, since the Friends of GNOME A11y campaign could benefit from a more comprehensive A11y "story".

I would appreciate input: Are there specific issues that anyone would like me to raise with any of the attendees [1]? The schedule lists IM features as a topic, and several of the attendees work on Telepathy, Evince, and videoconferencing programs. There will also be a few people who are involved in Marketing (Andreas Nilsson and Karen Sandler are both attending), so I can ask questions about /or help make plans for the Friends of GNOME A11y campaign. There are also several members of the Red Hat and Canonical teams attending, as well as some principal GNOME developers (for example Colin Walters, Ryan Lortie, etc.).

Please let me know what your questions and concerns are, and I will do my best to address them while I am there.

Sincerely,
Meg Ford
[1] https://live.gnome.org/Montreal2011/Participants