Re: GNOME 3/Shell Magnifier(s)

On 11/24/2011 09:57 PM, Robert Cole wrote:

> I would usually use the Enhanced Zoom Desktop (eZoom) plugin in Compiz
> for screen magnification in GNOME 2, but I am unsure as to whether or
> not this is an option in GNOME 3/shell. At this point, is there an
> option for fullscreen magnification in GNOME 3? If so, what methods
> would I use to activate it?

GNOME Shell is not compatible with Compiz plugins, so eZoom is not an
option. But GNOME Shell has magnification as a feature. In order to
activate it, you just need to press the accessibility icon at the top
right corner of the screen and press "Zoom" entry.

> I am currently using Linux Mint 11 on my home PC, but I plan to
> upgrade to Linux Mint 12 when it arrives, and since it ships with
> GNOME 3 I just want to be prepared and to know what to expect.

Well, GNOME 3 is really different to GNOME 2, so expect a lot of new
things ;) Anyway, reading this  blog entry:

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1851

It seems that linux mint people created a GNOME Shell extension that
makes GNOME Shell looking "more traditional", I didn't test it yet, but
I think that it is something to take into account.

> I appreciate your input and your help. Keep up the good work. I am
> looking forward to what will come with GNOME in the future.

We appreciate your interest, and any feedback from your tests with GNOME
Shell.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias