Re: Announce: mousetweaks 3.1.1

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 17:15, Francesco Fumanti
<francesco fumanti gmx net> wrote:
> Dear reader,
>

> Mousetweaks version 3.1.1 has been released and can be downloaded from:
> http://download.gnome.org/sources/mousetweaks/3.1/
>

> http://download.gnome.org/sources/mousetweaks/3.1/mousetweaks-3.1.1.tar.gz
>  sha256sum: 37437454bc02097a5f9942c72ffddf24cbf1592a0b16712deba84e459129639c
>
> http://download.gnome.org/sources/mousetweaks/3.1/mousetweaks-3.1.1.tar.bz2
>  sha256sum: 6f6cbcd9a5d7c014c25364780148261f287b669d4cc2d77b505a178d0986e54e
>

> =====================
> What is mousetweaks ?
> =====================
>
> The Mousetweaks package provides mouse accessibility enhancements for
> the GNOME desktop. The enhancements are:
>
> 1. It offers a way to perform the various clicks without using any
> hardware button. (hover click)
>
> 2. It allows users to perform a secondary click by keeping the primary
> mousebutton pressed for a determined amount of time. (simulated
> secondary click)
>
> 3. For desktops using the gnome-panel, it provides two panel applets that
> the user can install on the gnome-panels.
> - The first applet provides an alternative way to control the hover click.
> - The second applet creates an area on the panel into which the pointer
>  can be captured until the user releases it with a predefined button
>  and modifier combination.
>
> The hover click and the simulated secondary click can be accessed through
> the Universal Access control panel in the GNOME Control Center. The applets
> however can only be accessed on the gnome-panel.
>

> =============================
> What is new in this release ?
> =============================
>
> Misc changes, improvements and fixes:
>
>    - Add description to doap file
>
> New and updated translations:
>
>    [eo] Kristjan Schmidt
>    [fi] Jiri Grönroos, Timo Jyrinki (launchpad.net import)
>    [tr] Muhammet Kara
>    [ug] Gheyret T. Kenji

> Note for distributions about the 2.91 or 3.x branch
>
> The 2.91 and 3.0 branches of mousetweaks are targeted at GNOME 3 that is
> shipping the new GNOME Shell and that does not anymore use the gnome-panel.
> Thus, the default of mousetweaks has been changed to not build the applets
> for the gnome-panel.
>
> However, if your distribution is still shipping the gnome-panel, it is
> recommanded to enable the building of the applets when packaging mousetweaks
> for the distribution. There are two new configuration switches for that:
> --enable-dwell-click
> --enable-pointer-capture
>
> By doing so, people using a desktop with the gnome-panel will be able to
> install the applets as usual on the panel. Moreover, for people using a
> desktop without gnome-panel, there should be no other drawback than the
> little space used by the applets on their harddisk.
>

> Many thanks to all contributors.
>

> Best regards,
>
> The MouseTweaks team

Thanks, I did not know about this tool. Is there a way to add the
hover-applet to a KDE 4 panel? Due to other Gnome accessibility issues
I cannot use it at the moment. I currently use Kmousetool but it has
some serious issues and have been looking to replace it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com