Re: Introduction from Meg Ford, GNOME Womens Outreach intern in A11y and Art

Thanks very much for the warm welcomes! I'm very happy to have your support.

Leena, right now I am documenting my progress and thoughts on my blog http://fordmeg.blogspot.com/
I will also be posting the work on GitHub, as soon as Andreas Nilsson OKs a few icons as being in a finished state - I started drawing last week, after finishing the details of my project plan. I will post a link as soon as I have the account.

Regards,
Meg

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com> wrote:
Hey Meg.

> I am writing to introduce myself. I'm sorry that it has taken me some
> time to do this; I am a little bit shy by nature, and there is a lot
> to learn about GNOME, so I am just starting to settle in.

No worries. Welcome to the community and to the team! And if you ever
need anything, just stop by #a11y on irc.gnome.org and let us know.

> do so. I am a beginner, but I hope that I will be able to continue to
> contribute to GNOME in the future, and make more valuable
> contributions as I gain experience.

I started out with next to no experience in CS or software development
(my background and DayJob is in Assistive Technology and Education). If
I can figure it out, you can too. :-) And, again, we're here to help you
however we can.

Take care.
--joanie