Announce: mousetweaks 2.91.90
- From: Francesco Fumanti <francesco fumanti gmx net>
- To: Gnome Accessibility List <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: Announce: mousetweaks 2.91.90
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:19:12 +0100
Mousetweaks version 2.91.90 has been released and can be downloaded from:
sha256sum of mousetweaks-2.91.90.tar.bz2:
sha256sum of mousetweaks-2.91.90.tar.gz
What is mousetweaks ?
Mousetweaks is the package provides the accessibility functions of
the mouse in GNOME. It also contains two panel applets that are
related to the mouse accessibility. More particularly:
1. It offers a way to perform the various clicks without using any
hardware button. In this context, the Dwell Click panel applet
can be used to choose what click type to perform.
2. It allows users to perform a secondary click by doing a
click&hold of the primary mouse button.
3. It provides the Pointer Capture panel applet. This applet creates
an area on the panel into which the pointer can be captured until
the user releases it with a predefined button and modifier
What is new in this release ?
Misc changes, improvements and fixes:
- Fix signal number argument in callback
- Do a NULL check before referencing a cursor
Note for distributions about the 2.91 branch
The 2.91 branch of mousetweaks is aimed at GNOME 3 that is shipping the new GNOME Shell and that does not anymore use the gnome-panel. Thus, we have changed the default of mousetweaks to not build the applets for the gnome-panel.
However, if your distribution is still shipping the gnome-panel, it is recommanded to enable the building of the applets when packaging mousetweaks for the distribution. There are two new configuration switches for that:
By doing so, people using a desktop with the gnome-panel will be able to install the applets as usual on the panel. Moreover, for people using a desktop without gnome-panel, there should be no other drawback than the little space used by the applets on their harddisk.
Many thanks to all contributors.
The MouseTweaks team
] [Thread Prev