=?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_=5BUsability=5D_Designing_for_illiteracy_=96_a_mass_?= =?windows-1252?Q?market_accessibility_challenge?=

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This short article raises awareness about user interfaces and
> illiterate people.  I read it with great interest and felt you might
> be interested in too.
[...]
> http://www.disambiguity.com/designing-for-illiteracy

Interesting! The presentation linked from the article mentions factors like:
- risk of changing a setting so the thing no longer works
- risk of deleting information
- being unable to retrace steps
- ability to recover to previous known state: undo button, back
button, history list

It made me wonder about how much of GNOME is
> usable when one can't read.

And what's your assessment?

Maybe I should switch my system once in a
> while to a language and script I ignore.

That might be a starting point for evaluation.