Re: Travel Tips for Going to Spain

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 19:41 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:58:54AM -0500, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
> > Do keep in mind your daily withdrawal limit and the conversion to Euro
> > dollars.  Currently, the Euro dollar = $1.33 USD.  So $500 USD = 663
> > Euros.
>
> That would be 375.94 EUR for 500 USD according to your exchange rate.

You're right.  I flipped my calculations.  I KNEW there was something
wrong.  I meant the other way around!  :-)

But yeah,  rule of thumb is if you want 500 cash, expect to withdraw the
lower amount of USD.   As for other countries... you guys figure it
out.  :-)

As for Steve,  You're right.  If you use a credit card to get a cash
advance it is a substantial fee.  But if you use your debit card (which
is a credit-card wannabe) then its strictly a bank-to-bank transaction
and no exchange rate fees apply.  Only the bank fee for going to another
bank.  Which is about $3.50 here in USD.

Bryen