RE: New developments on Caribou

It's important that the user can set the weighting of prediction
results, for example frequency and rececy (if that is really a word!),
and also the order and way words are displayed (frequency, recency,
alphabetic and word length satisfy different needs), control word length
minima, n word phrase prediction, abbreviation-expansion, TTS support
and predict after...n letters.  A phonetic correction (kan=can) is
useful for some users.

Are these points being considered?  Am I trying to teach someone to suck
eggs here?

Most research seems to indicate that prediction does not speed a
keyboard user up unless they type at less than 1 character per second.
There are other reasons for using intelligent prediction of course such
as language difficulties and effort in text entry.  For switch users
however the gains are much higher.

I'll go back to lurking for a bit

All the best

David Colven
AEGIS Project www.aegis-project.eu

The ACE Centre Advisory Trust
92 Windmill Road
Headington
Oxford
OX3 7DR

Direct - 01865 759813
Office - 01865 759800
Email - colven ace-centre org uk

The ACE Centre is a registered charity (no 1040868)