Re: Issues about the Consorcio e-accessibility projects

Mario, le Tue 04 May 2010 17:26:34 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault:
> > Yes, it's a separate tool but it depends on liblouis to do all the
> > transcription.
>
> |  How different is it from the "dots" application?
>
> Dunno, because sincerely we didn't know of this application. I'll tell Onirica
> to have a look on it, so that they can re-use as much code as possible. This
> includes to take over the development of this application.

Ok.

> > easy addition of new tables
>
> |  New liblouis tables?
>
> Yes, for example for basque or galician, in case there are not any for them.

Ok.

> > and the ability to be called by OpenOffice.org to do on-the-fly
> > transcriptions.
>
> | That, however, is new, but it seems to me like something that would be
> |  independant from the main tool.
>
> We want it to be integrated.

The thing is: I don't understand which integration there could be :)

As I understand it, being called on-the-fly by OpenOffice.org means
making it an OpenOffice.org plugin, that lives in the ooffice process.
I doubt having that plugin interact with another process would be the
simplest way to go, and would rather see the plugin just already have
everything it needs, independently of another tool that would be able to
do the same, but as a separate application. Libraries containing the
actual code can be shared of course: not only liblouis, but also the
dialog boxes to configure how the rendering should be done.

Samuel