Re: OpenTTS 0.1 released.

Dear mr. Hanke,

On Mo, Jun 07, 2010 at 05:34:47 +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> Although some work has been done in the fork, in the big picture,
> these have been so far just minor code improvements.

Let's provide some facts:
The status of speechd when you stopped work in may 2009 was that none of
the provided audiosubsystem worked stable.
Alsa seegfaults several times a day and anybody knows about the
pulseaudio problems in that time.
Marco Skambraks and me sent a patch adding a stable (well working) libao
driver in dec 2009 and got no feedback in speechd list.
Based on our driver others created a working pulseaudio driver.

Currently the audio stuff works better than before.

It's fact that this are not minor improovements.
In opentts many memleaks and other code improovements were fixed  which
are also needed for stabilizing speechd.

You want simply let others do the work and want to keep control on the
project.
Please respect others work and provide facts.
Last commitment in your git repo was from may 2009 and the work resumed
in apr 2010 again.
This is really bad because of the mentioned stability problems of
speech-dispatcher. In fact we had no working (stable) audiooutput for
speechd since dec 2009.
In the past I tried to report many bugs and helped out if possible, but
I am really frustrated that you call such an important work minor
improovment.

This isn't acceptable at least for me and Marco Skambraks!
If your company couldn't get funding I understand brailcom's limited
resource problem but then you could give comunity members write access
to your git and make releases if you think that we have a stable reached
a stable solution.

The work which was done in the inofficial repo was only used in ubuntu
and I couldn't see it in other distro.
They simply want stable releases from the official homepage (which
wasn't possible) due to brailcom's ......