Re: Announcing hackfest, minutes etc

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 11:47 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> I'd love to attend. I think accessibility is an area where
> we really need good help, and docs people and a11y people
> really need to get together to get it right.
>
> --
> Shaun

There is no question that this is going to be a very significant event
in open source a11y.  The CSUN event in March was also significant, as
it helped bring together the "core" GNOME A11y team face to face for the
first time.

But the AEGIS event shows early indications that we're going to see a
lot of various a11y teams that support GNOME a11y together for the first
time.  While we obviously don't have a fixed schedule yet, the shaping
of that schedule will be influenced by who actually can come.  So if you
can get there, one way or another, DO come out!

And don't be intimidated by the term "hackfest."  It doesn't necessarily
mean you need to be a technical wiz at coding to participate.   For
example, should I go, and depending on who else goes, I'll be focused on
some marketing-related hackfesting related to GNOME-A11y Outreach.
It'll be very interesting seeing the various groups supporting
accessibility in GNOME all together and expressing their views on the
state of things and where we can move forward.

It is to me, an important relationship-building event.

Bryen M Yunashko
GNOME-A11y Outreach