Ang: Common phrases feature in Caribou

David,

There is not one perfect way of laying out an on-screen keyboard of course: It all depends on the individual user's needs and preferences in terms of selection/control method etc. A comprehensive OSK AT solution must in the end offer a set of sample layouts for different needs (such as layouts for direct selection via mouse, head pointing, eye-gaze etc., for switch input scanning layouts, etc.) plus good tools for individual tailoring.

Until then: On the linked png image below you can see an example of a possible layout combining a qwerty layout + word prediction + phrase prediction. (It's a sample layout taken from the Tobii Communicatior 4 package.)

http://www.symbolnet.org/communicator_phrases.png

Mats

-----gnome-accessibility-list-bounces gnome org skrev: -----

Ärende: Common phrases feature in Caribou

Hi all.

We would like to add an option to Caribou to show common phrases to
choose instead of predicted words. But we don't know where we should
show those additional buttons, in a different resizable window? in the
same keyboard instead of the normal keys?

In [0] there is an example of a keyboard with this feature. The common
phrases are in the bottom of the keyboard. They are in spanish, but
their translation is:
* Hello, how are you?
* Thank you
* Not now
* It seems to me that ...
* No, I don't
* Good bye!
* I think that ...
* I can't

[0]
http://informaticaparaeducacionespecial.blogspot.com/2007/07/predwin-comunicacin-mediante-la.html

Thank you for your help!

--

David Pellicer Martín
dpellicer warp es

Software Developer at Warp Networks S.L.
http://www.warp.es
C. Don Jaime I 33, 3ro.dcha. 50003 Zaragoza, Spain
Phone: +34 976 392 644 - Fax: +34 976 290 004