Single click mode for all apps, not just Nautilus

I am now moving to Gnome from KDE. In KDE I have configured
single-click mode, in this mode there is no concept of a double click.
I see that Nautilus can be configured for single click, but what about
other apps? For instance Evolution still needs a double click to open
contacts.

Note that I sent this same message to the Usability list as well,
before I realized that the Accessibility list exists. I apologize to
those who receive the message twice.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com