Re: gnome sox equivalent?

From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel shellworld net>

> does such a converter exist that runs in gnome?  On a debian system a
> friend installed sox with all dependencies and that broke his ability
> to play media files in gnome any more.  I don't know which package did
> this yet but it does happen.  Anyone wishing to test only need type
> aptitude install sox -r <enter> then try to play a media file in gnome
> by clicking on it and you'll not be able to play the file.

I have sox installed on my system since a long time (long long time),
and I don't have any problem at all playing media files, and I have
just asked one other guy here in the office, and he also don't have
any problem at all, so I guess that this is a configuration problem on
your fried machine.

Could you try to install it in your machine?

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)