Re: Carrying over ATs from GDM to GNOME session (brainstorm)

Hi,

Francesco Fumanti wrote:
Willie Walker wrote:
Personally, for pointer only users, I perceive the new GDM as a big improvement in confront of the old GDM.

Unless I am making a mistake, Ubuntu Karmic is the first Ubuntu version that is accessible out-of-the-box for pointer only users able to click. Remarks: - I am only talking about an installed Ubuntu Karmic; I don't know whether a pointer only user will be able to go through the installation process without help. - I have named Ubuntu Karmic instead of GNOME 2.28 because I don't know for sure how well gok will perform for pointer only users; Ubuntu Karmic replaced gok with onboard.

In the meantime, it occurred to me that I should have added that non initiated pointer users able to click will probably be lost the first time they enter the GNOME session as on a default Ubuntu Karmic installation, the Universal Access menu and the menu items for the onscreen keyboard (onboard) are hidden.

The carry over mechanism would solve the problem, but not hiding the menus would of course be simpler.

Cheers

Francesco