RE: Carrying over ATs from GDM to GNOME session (brainstorm)

Hi

I presume that DBus is not launched early enough  to act as a transport
mechanisum?  I wonder if into these current discussions thought should also
be made too to other desktop environments?  If DBus is launched at GDM, then
buy using this we aren't setting up yet another hash to achieve a result.

As a end user, I would like all the work I've done to setup accessible GDM
to be carried over to the desktop, thereby giving me accessibility straight
away from first log in.  I may have need to then add additional refinements
to my session profile that I may not want in GDM.  For instance as a
visually impaired user, I would want Orca to speak to me whilst I'm
navigating around the log in screen, but once into the actual desktop I may
want high contrast theme with magnification as well as speech.

So, I believe what is needed is a damen that gets launched as part of the
Gnome startup, which will receive from GDM the AT data.  It will then look
at the user's Session profile, and if no AT is selected it will instigate
the same AT as the GDM had.  If the user has set up further preferences,
like in the scenario above, it will then dump the GDM data and let the
normal startup work.