Fwd: Working on GNOME Accessibility Projects in Software Design

Should I introduce him to the list? Would somebody like to be the main contact?

Stormy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Rebelsky <REBELSKY grinnell edu>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Subject: Working on GNOME Accessibility Projects in Software Design
To: stormy gnome org
Cc: Samuel Rebelsky <REBELSKY grinnell edu>

Stormy,

Thanks very much for coming out to pre-SIGCSE HFOSS symposium.  I know that the faculty there very much appreciated hearing from and talking to the industry folks, and I hope you saw some benefit in talking to and hearing from us.

As I mentioned during one of the breaks, I'd be very interested in exploring how we might make contributing to the GNOME Accessibility project the central focus of our software design course (at least for this next year).  The course isn't scheduled until Spring 2010, so there's a bit of time.  The time is probably both a benefit, since we'll have time to work things out, and a hindrance, since I don't yet have course goals specified and I'm guessing that the GNOME Accessibility project evolves rather quickly.

Anyway, if there are people you can recommend that I talk to, I'm happy to start a conversation on possible ways in which I and my students can contribute.

Thanks!

-- SamR

Samuel A. Rebelsky, Associate Prof. CS
Department of Computer Science
Grinnell College, 1116 8th Avenue, Grinnell, Iowa 50112
Office: 641-269-4410 ; Fax: 641-269-4285 ; Home: 641-236-7445
rebelsky grinnell edu ; http://www.cs.grinnell.edu/~rebelsky/