[Fwd: Re: Compiz + A11y Discussion]

Comment sent to me directly inadvertently.   Posting it to the list.
--- Begin Message --- Compiz currently detects and warns about hotkey conflicts between plugins and gives a chance to correct the problem. However, it doesn't currently detect hotkey conflicts with other applications. This is probably a non-trivial matter, but I would suggest that Compiz should warn about and give a chance to correct conflicts with any other application, including the keyboard shortcuts application, that sets global hotkeys.

Lorenzo
--
 Great Goddess Isis,
Thou who art above the stars,