[Fwd: Re: Compiz + A11y Discussion]

Comment sent to me directly inadvertently.   Posting it to the list.
--- Begin Message --- Compiz currently detects and warns about hotkey conflicts between plugins and gives a chance to correct the problem. However, it doesn't currently detect hotkey conflicts with other applications. This is probably a non-trivial matter, but I would suggest that Compiz should warn about and give a chance to correct conflicts with any other application, including the keyboard shortcuts application, that sets global hotkeys.

 Great Goddess Isis,
Thou who art above the stars,
 Grant us peace and love.
--Lorenzo Taylor