Re: Instantiating Firefox A11y on GNOME

Hey Ginn,

> I've tested on Ubuntu 8.10, the patch v3 in bmo #460926 works for
> Firefox 3.0.5 along with the atk-bridge change.
>
> To make sure atk-bridge was updated correctly, you can download a
> nightly build of Firefox trunk or 1.9.1 branch.
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-1.9.1/
>
> Does it work on openSUSE 11.1?
>
> If you export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 before starting Firefox, do you see
> "firefox"  or "Firefox" or nothing in accerciser?

With the builds Hubert prepared of 3.0.5 with only the patch provided in
#460926, Firefox doesn't appear in the accessibility hierarchy with and
without NO_AT_BRIDGE=1.

Using the 1.9.1 branch builds you've provided, I get:

+ firefox-bin					application
  + Shiretoko Alpha Start Page - Shiretoko	frame
    - [empty]					redundant object

If I add NO_AT_BRIDGE=1, I get the full hierarchy as expected.

So my question is, are there more patches than just bmo #460926 that
contribute to this working?  Additionally, as a distro, are we expected
to ship NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 in the wrapper script to get this to work?

Best,

-Brad