Time-Shift Meeting Proposal

Those of us on the North America are loving the new time we settled on
for GNOME-A11y team meetings, which is 02:00 UTC every Tuesday.  But, as
is always the case with IRC meetings, some region of the globe falls
victim to IRC time meetings.  In this case, Europe seems hard hit by
this meeting time.

On the other hand, our good brothers and sisters in Asia have been able
to actively participate in weekly meetings, something they have not been
able to do in the past.

>From my experience in other channels, having time-shifted meetings has
been beneficial to ensuring a more global presence on the team.  With a
time-shift meeting, a specific monthly interval meeting occurs at a
different time to accommodate that region.

So, my proposal for discussion:

1.  We discuss here on the thread, a meeting time that suits Europe.  I
have found that between 18:00 UTC and 22:00 UTC works well for
Europeans.  But let's hear some ideas of an ideal time for you in
Europe.

2.  How frequent should we have time-shift meetings?   Either once a
month, or twice a month.   I'm inclined to like the idea of twice a
month, designating first and third Tuesday of the month for time-shift,
and second/fourth Tuesday of the month at regular times.  This ensures
consistent involvement globally throughout the month.

Should we agree on this proposal and a time, I'd like next week's
meeting to be time-shifted in order to give the Europeans a chance to
participate in discussions about our HFOSS project.  (See Meeting
Summary for January 13, 2009 thread.)

--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member