Re: GNOME Accessibility on by default, and Firefox
- From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronleventhal moonset net>
- To: Mario Lang <mlang delysid org>
- Cc: David Bolter <david bolter utoronto ca>, Gnome Accessibility List <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME Accessibility on by default, and Firefox
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:28:02 +0200
Mario, on Windows we use lazy instantiation. There is no need for an
"enable a11y" flag in the OS. Just the fact that something asks us for
an accessible object wakes us up. We get a WM_GETOBJECT event -- and
before that a11y is not loaded.
We really need lazy instantiation like that under Gnome. If the AT is
loaded and starts asking us for objects, then we can wake up.
] [Thread Prev